19 Jan BI Business Analyst
Booking.com is offering a unique opportunity for an Analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team in Marketing Science, based in Amsterdam and reporting to our BI Manager.
Booking.com has a strong tradition in data-driven innovation, which is achieved through experimentation and data science (eg. big data, predictive analytics, business intelligence & machine learning). In this role you will be responsible for numerous high-impact projects aimed at measuring marketing effectiveness. Projects may include (but not limited to) using econometric models to measure the ROI of Brand activities, development of sophisticated attribution models, execution of complex experimental designs and estimations of cross-device effects on marketing activities. The output of your work will be used at the highest levels of the company to help inform the marketing strategy for the future of Booking.com. You would work closely with a team of highly skilled analysts and data scientists with complementary skills to drive business growth through different marketing channels.
A team player with a self-starting approach, you must have gravitas and the ability to get things done. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
- Use a variety of methodologies to measure marketing effectiveness, attribution, ROI and cross-device effects.
- Conduct research and insightful analyses to help Marketing teams determine which creative, channels and networks are successful or not
- Develop strong working relationship throughout the business and beyond.
- Advocate and communicate our marketing strategy working closely with different internal teams and departments.
- Derive analytical methods to better understand both the short and long term impact from our marketing touch points.
- Develop strong relationships with advertising partners, our agencies (both creative and media) and stakeholders throughout the business.
- Understand and apply different experimental designs as appropriate for marketing campaigns and an ability to analyse, interpret, and communicate results.
- Postgraduate Degree that included econometrics, data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field;
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably working with big data (experience in SQL, Hadoop, or BigQuery is a plus);
- 5+ years’ demonstrated ability to apply statistical analytics to an applied setting (experience with R, Python, or Spark is required);
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analytics and build new models with a commercial focus;
- A real team player with solutions-focus and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Exceptional communication skills in spoken and written English;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst (BI Analyst) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.